3D artist modelling and visualisation portfolio. Specialising in archiectural visualisations and stylised 3D models
I have been sorting a few pieces of work out for my final year portfolio and decided that it would be worth taking another look at the exterior image I already have for the Technology Centre project, nothing major as time is pretty tight now. The main changes were; the camera position, the HDRi and work done in Photoshop.
There are quite a few things that need completely redoing in this scene, the grass and vegetation and the stone wall surrounding the plinth have been bugging me quite a bit. But it’s interesting to see how much better you can make an image with a couple of minor changes.
There were a few really nice interior images but in the end I decided to try and recreate the office/work space with a few tweaks. One of which gave me the chance to have a more productive play with Mudbox, which I used for sculpting and texturing the beams. Original photograph by Toshiyuki Yano.
I’ve been getting a few images together for my portfolio recently and ended up re-rendering the Ericsson’s Ericofon that I made nearly a year ago for one of 3dTotal’s speed modelling challenges. The original render was done when I had just switched over to using Vray and there were a few things that didn’t look right.
So, I’ve finished the first of the three renders I’ve got planned for this project and I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out. I may still make a few minor alterations if I get chance, but for now it’s finished .
Feel free to leave any feedback in the comments.
I managed to find some time to work on these visualisations this week, I thought I had pretty much finished modelling and texturing everything for this image but I’ve just realised that I still need to make the sun shades for the ground floor windows after that its just a matter of rendering and some playing around in Photoshop.
This is how its looking at the minute.
It seems like ages since I have properly updated my blog. I’ve been pretty busy with uni work for the past couple of months and have finally finished my first (of two) final year projects, which means I can spend my free time working on the visualisations.
The project brief was to design a building to house the commercial research branch of the Huddersfield University Engineering School. The building will be mixed use and contain offices, research laboratories and specialist workshop spaces, fast and efficient construction methods are also major requirements.
My final design is a glulam portal frame with Modcell straw bale prefabricated external walls for their extremely good insulation and structural properties. Other technologies that at present in the final design are;
I’ll cover the technology more thoroughly when the visualisations are done, but for now here are a couple of progress renders from the weekend. The building was created using ArchiCAD 16 and then 3ds max & Vray were used for the renders.
Hi, welcome to my 3D portfolio.
I’m a self taught 3D artist and final year Architectural Technology student at Huddersfield University with focus on sustainable design and a passion for architectural visualisations and pretty much anything 3D.
I hope you enjoy viewing my portfolio, if you want to receive updates of new posts you can subscribe below.